- Matt Smith wants Florence Welch, Helena Bonham-Carter and Rowan Atkinson as guests on Doctor Who. (Digital Spy)
- 20 things that look like male genitals. (Buzzfeed)
- SAG tells members not to work on ‘Hobbit.’ (THR)
- Liberace’s faded Las Vegas legacy. (BBC)
- Icelandic horse disease diagnosed in human. (IceNews)
- UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens. (News AU)
- Breaking Taboos in Bahrain: Business Booms at Gulf’s First Sex Shop.
- Gauguin’s double entendre nearly trips up the Tate Gallery. (Telegraph)
- Trisha Brown in space and time. (NY Times)
- Here is one of the most important attendees at Glenn Beck’s Restore Rally. (Photo via Bright Young Things.)
- September is National Preparedness Month: Does God Have an Emergency Plan? I am not a Biblical scholar, but isn’t faith only necessary? I’ll put faith in a backup generator, lots of luscious canned goods from the garden, a well-stocked bar, and Xanax.
- German Farmers Want Army to Help Combat Wild Boars. (Spiegel) Wild Boar is tasty with a peppercorn sauce.
- Mushroom hunting is fatal in Italy. (Reuters)
- Two of my favorite lines from last night’s Mad Men. Joan said to Roger, “You’ve crossed the border from lubricated to morose.” Been there. Later Roger recites for his memoir, “I always liked chocolate ice cream, but my mother made us eat vanilla because it didn’t stain anything.”
- Smoked cannabis reduces chronic pain.
- YouTube Plans Mainstream Film Rentals … Again. (Wired)
- She’s Got Balls: 12 Creative Women Get in Touch With Their Masculine Side. (PaperMag)
- The trailer for a James Dean gay biopic. (Queerty)
- Via Coilhouse: A Sesame Street Orange sings from Carmen.
Talk about forsaken! Good grief! I haven’t felt like posting anything here and spend entirely too much time on Facebook. It is an evil tool of distraction. It entertains me though. The latest privacy concern is easily disabled. All I post is links, garden and food photos, and too many YouTube videos when I hit the decanters.
So. What have I read today? There are no political links as all parties are crazy.
- Male Brazilian waxing. (Salon) I prefer a trim.
- Joan Collins is on Twitter. She has a short film, Fetish, that gets raves. I might watch The Girl in the Red Velvet Swing tonight. The Joan Collins DVD set is a great collection of her earlier films.
- I am envious of 3 Boys Farm. All that organic, hydroponic produce would send me into fits of glee.
- The Burger King Pizza Burger makes me sick.
- There is a new James Baldwin collection of writings called The Cross of Redemption. (NPR)
- Karin Dreijer Andersson’s Fever Ray covers Peter Gabriel’s Mercy Street with a free download. (NME)
- Diego Zuñiga Fall 2010. (Fashionisto)
- AIDS virus changes in semen make it different than in blood. (Eurekalert)
I envy those souls who can sit behind a computer and continually post. I’m an expert in sitting. That’s about it.
What have I learned since my last posting?
- I want to change my name to Felix Pickles.
- I enjoy Steven Moffat’s interpretation of Sherlock Holmes.
- The movie Soapdish is a favorite film.
- As is Black Narcissus. Barnes and Noble still has the 50% off sale for Criterion DVDs. There is a new release and remaster of Black Narcissus.
- I require a brain transplant. This body is tedious.
- I dealt with cat piss.
- I dreamed of Galliano and how Genet looked in prison.
- And we need to take back America. Well, take back America with a healthy dose of Xanax.
I experienced yet another hiatus. During this hiatus I read the Sookie Stackhouse series. If I’m going to enjoy the television show, True Blood, I should at least read the books. The books are a frighteningly easy read. It only takes a few hours to finish one. Mindless fodder is my goal. Thinkin’ is hard. HA! One of my favorite sentences from Book 9 was: “He was as deep inside me as he could get without an operation.” Uh-huh.
Let’s see what mindless fodder is in the RSS feeds.
- The heavily cloistered nuns of Abbaye de Notre-Dame de l’Annonciation will release an album of Gregorian Chants.
- A few days ago on FB I mentioned that Petulant kittens were devil spawn as I bleed daily from their attacks. Lo and behold, Satan is real. Petulant kittens also like to torture hapless frogs brave enough to journey from the pond to the screened porch. O’ kittens. They perform the dark work.
- OKAY! Tough healing love has a specific brutality. “A member of the First Love Church Healing Center says he was pinned down and spanked 20 times with a two-by-four for looking at a website.” (CNS) I must know what website, probably gay porn. Isn’t it always.
- Both can be an option. Sir Peter Blake: why I chose Pop (Art) over pot.
- I always adore Visconti and Ludwig. Schloss Neuschwanstein. Here is a favorite photo from my collection. I am also partial to the paint-by-numbers version too. I have yet to piece together the 3D puzzle version. Maybe I will scour the closets and attempt it. On second thought, that might require too much thinking.
- Though I am not a member of the jailbreaker brigade, other rulings by the Library of Congress Copyright Office are interesting. (Crunchgear)(Boing Boing) (EFF)
- allow college professors, film students, documentary filmmakers and producers of noncommercial videos to break copy-protection measures on DVDs so they can embed clips for educational purposes, criticism or commentary.
- Humans can mind-meld too. (New Scientist)
- Where’s the fence? Climate Change May Mean More Mexican Immigration. Oh wait. I forget. Winter is cold so it doesn’t exist.
- The hairy-nosed otter is adorable. I have a ground hog named Gertrude that lives under a shed. It could be male. Gender is subjective. I don’t mind if she nibbles the cucumber plants. A girl has to eat. The damn moles are a bane.
I guess that wasn’t too mindless. I should start Book 10 of the Sookie Stackhouse series.
- Tarkovsky Films Now Free Online. (Open Culture)
- 18th-Century Ship Found at Trade Center Site. (NY Times)
- Watch: James Franco, Jon Hamm and Others in New ‘Howl’ Trailer. (Towleroad)
- Graham Norton tipped to replace Jonathan Ross on Friday nights. (Pink News)
- Key Lime Pie (CoilHouse)
- Invasion of San Diego: Space Invader Map (Juxtapoz Magazine)
- Armchair Astronauts Can Take a High-Def 3D Mars Tour. (Discover)
- Remarkable fossil cave shows how ancient marsupials grew. (Eurekalert)
- What’s in your gut? (SciAM)
- Happiness and Sadness Spread Just Like Disease. (Wired)
- Five Things about Gary Shteyngart’s “Super Sad True Love Story” Video Trailer. (More Intelligent Life)