- 2 Obama officials: No guarantee taxes won’t go up. (AP)
- ‘Drinking Game’ Kills Boy, 11, Cops Say.
- ‘UFO’ photographed ‘tracking’ RAF Hercules. (Telegraph)
- Buckingham Palace ‘amongst country’s top jazz venues’.
- Comets ‘not cause of mass extinctions.’ (BBC)
- China’s broken Olympic promises: Detained Activist’s Kafkaesque Nightmare.
- Network neutrality in Congress, round 3: Fight!. (Ars Technica)
- Metal oxide sensors possible use for ripe pineapple and pork.
- Why food is about more than nutrition. (New Scientist)
- Gallery: The Making of a Prehistoric Brew.
- Dance Review Merce Cunningham Dance Company: Troupe’s Future Suddenly Arrives.
- Jews for Jesus denounce the shooting.
- After 18 years, the remains of Navy Capt. Michael “Scott” Speicher found in Iraq. (AP)
- Obama says many months before U.S. exits recession. (Reuters)
- McCain slams Blue Dog Democrats. (CNN)
- Gems From the Design-Hero Archives. (NY Times) “When there is a very successful man there is an interesting and able woman behind him.”
- Via Electroqueer: Future/Perfect- The Hunter
I am in an art mood this morning.
- The exhibition is over, but still interesting. The Divine Art: Four Centuries of European Tapestries.
- John Woolrich: ‘I want composers to be mavericks.’
- ContemporAsian film exhibition at MOMA.
- Attempt at Perpetual Motion by David Prince.
- Mexico’s Diego Rivera murals get restoration treatment. (La Plaza)
- Homobilia: Art and Memorabilia of the Queer Past.
- Juliet Jacobson- Narcissus (2006) graphite on paper.
Since I sprained my ankle I haven’t felt like doing a damn thing here. I guess I should post something.
- Blue Dogs or as the AP calls them “rank-and-file rebels from the conservative wing of the party” set the course for health care. (NY)(WP)
- Oh noes! Exxon profits down 66%.
- “Ukraine is no whorehouse.” (Spiegel)
- “Albania’s governing Democrats have proposed a law allowing same-sex civil weddings in the small, predominantly Muslim country.” (365)
- German stage director Peter Zadek dies at 83.
- Did an ice age boost human brain size? (New Scientist)
- Croc Unlocked: A Gene Map for the Fashion Industry.
- Long live the ukulele. (LA)
- Shakespeare’s Globe returns to the U.S. (NY)
- “Zoë Wanamaker, the actress, has joined the chorus of female performers demanding more money to match the pay packets of their male counterparts.”
- Doctor Who at Comic-Con. (Guardian)
- I do not care for this “new look” for men.
- “The EU is about to enter talks with the US on giving it access to banking data in its fight against terrorism.”
- WHAT A TITLE! Via Christian Newswire: “Parents Who Would Prefer Their Daughters Not Seek Careers in the Hardcore Pornography Business Should Ensure They Aren’t Watching CNBC’s Family Hour Special, ‘Porn: Business of Pleasure’”
- Why is it hard to “unlearn” an incorrect fact? (SCIAM)
After viewing Why Be Good? Sexuality and Censorship in Early Cinema, all I can think about is Douglas Fairbanks Sr. and his buttocks. It wasn’t the best analysis of the pre-code years, but entertaining. Diane Lane has a beautiful voice for narration. Mae West is a goddess: “It’s hard to be funny when you have to be clean.” As is Louise Brooks: “I cannot unbuckle the bible belt. That is why I will never write my memoirs.” I feel the urge for a Baby Face, Pandora’s Box, Sadie Thompson marathon now, but will refrain until later in the week. Criterion’s release of Pandora’s Box is wonderful and worth every dollar. Criterion is a GOD with DVD releases. I bow to its superiority.
Babble, babble… Perhaps I should link to morning readings. I doubt I will feel like doing them tomorrow. HA!
- Bele Chere ocurred in Asheville. Felicity has the best photo. I did not attend as I do not like crowds.
- I do not want to be baby. (Homotography)
- Shirtless Cam Gigandet Picture Special. (Digital Spy)
I guess I am REALLY GAY this evening. Deal with it.
- There is always Christian NewsWire to ruin things. Team Sarah (Palin)!
- David Axelrod doesn’t think about Palin either. Axelrod? I never thought about gay porn until now.
Back to gayness with RUDY! I have posted this pic so many times but it never tires.
Fifty Years of the Hovercraft. (Time) I hover at this moment. It’s quite nice. Try it some time: two parts whisky, one part Pellegrino and a dash of 90s platform ankle boots.
If you are completely confused, boy shoes do exist in my world. They are predominant, but so boring.
MissH sent a pic of her latest shoe fetish. Mr. Petulant is jealous and needs L.A.M.B.
Too many shoes. Not enough time.