Biljana Djurdjevic- The Last Days of Santa Claus (2001) from The Seven Deadly Sins
Rain is my enemy. Cursed rain. Here are some morning readings to distract.
- After three decades, DC gay book store and community center, Lambda Rising will close. (WP)
- I seriously doubt the likes of Palin or Huckabee would bring Divine Integrity to the White House. (CNW)
- Fast-food standards for meat top those for school lunches. (USA Today)
- Prince Charles borrowed £3,000 from police officers. (Telegraph)
- Animal trainer mauled by tigers wanting to play. (Spiegel)
- How to be the world’s greatest ISP. (Ars Technica)
- Manuel Albarran’s metal couture. (Dazed Digital)
- Gavin Turk brick worth £3,000 is stolen and replaced by 40 pence equivalent. (Telegraph)
- Dr. Claudius Conrad researches “whether music can improve results of surgery, and whether it might be used as a medical treatment.”
- Criterion press notes: Arnaud Desplechin’s A Christmas Tale. Ahhh… Deneuve.
Or, the brother might say:
The moment is reborn in the hour of farewells.
The metal birds spread their rigid wings,
the statues march off in step,
the fountains have dried up.
In the vast, silent squares
steely, sentinels pass, then pass again,
the great machines run on mysteriously,
without fire or noise;
The Samaritaine’s palm tree bends low to the water,
and there is no wind.
(The beam flashes)
Now, let us part in silence, my soul . . . Steady!
Farewell. . . the springs are silent.
I too am a dead angel.
Since everyone is thankful for health, mankind the human species, god, true friendship, blah blah blah, on this day, here are a few things that make me thankful.
I am thankful for Vicodin, decanters, people who don’t piss me off, 2 or 3 family members, gravy, fried onions, fresh produce from the backyard, books, music, dvds, art, shoes, days when my knees don’t ache, zombies, robots, people who trash Palin, Mas ornaments, and kittens.
“Mas” is Christmas without Christ. I thank arratik for that one. I need to decide if I want to fight The War in Defense of Christmas or Mas. Decisions. Decisions. Since I will use the Jesus Tree Topper, there will be a wee bit of Christ.
If I exclaim, “I care not,” it might be countered with SCORN.
What’s a boy to do? STARE!
Chaos or Control? Each offers moments. You like?
Paranoia is an evil creature. It consumes, invades every corpuscle. It creates a heightened awareness and unruly expectation that leaves a being destitute The worst will occur. The simple human mind manufactures because of past occurrence. Rain falls. Chaos ensues. Throttle the throat. Drip. Pump. Push the water away. Control is elsewhere. Take a sip and try to numb. Such actions are useless as the paranoia thrives. Drip. Gush. Expectation. Water falls. Paranoia continues.